• Hmmmmm .... Joining the Blogosphere

  • Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]


rosy james

Monday 15 June 2009

Hmmmmm .... Joining the Blogosphere
... Is this a good idea? My friends Rob, Jo and Wing think it is, and they know all about these things, so who am I to argue? Especially nowadays as I begin to realise I don’t know as much as I thought I did. Or maybe I did once and I’ve just forgotten everything. I forget a lot these days, which is bad when I’m not somewhere I ought to be, or the dogs are sitting patiently at the kennels wondering if I’m ever coming back for them, or the postman gives me a funny look cos I’ve still got the blob of Sudacrem on that pesky spot . . . but is very good when I forget how old I am, or that I’m not supposed to be eating cream doughnuts today, or that I shall exceed my overdraft limit if I buy that gorgeous must have dress (I especially like forgetting about the overdraft).

I digress ...

What is all this blogging malarkey about anyway? I’ve never read anybody’s blog so I don’t really know what I’m supposed to be doing. In my entire life, I’ve never kept a diary, or had a pen pal, or been in the habit of corresponding much with friends, so this is going to be entirely new territory for me. I have been accused of liking the sound of my own voice though (that was a mean jealous friend of course and doesn't really count) so perhaps I shall strike up a happy relationship with my Blog Space and be able to fantasize that millions of cyberspace surfers are hanging on my every word.

I’m not sure I shall have much, original or notable, in the way of artistic expression, but I have amassed a fine collection of books on the subject, and maybe as a starting point, till I get into the swing of things and don’t feel so afraid of voicing my own opinions (those that I can still remember), I can share some of the thoughts and ramblings of those authors and artists I have found interesting and inspiring. If you’ve looked at my website you will see that I am preoccupied with the subject of Love, all kinds of it, good, bad, toxic, crazy, maternal, romantic, religious. In my painting, I’ve only explored the romantic/sexual aspect of love so far, but found that included the good, the bad, the toxic and the crazy anyway.

So then, a little snippet about Love, or to be more precise, Passion, from Jeanette Winterson, “Somewhere between fear and sex passion is. Passion is not so much an emotion as a destiny. What choice have I in the face of this wind but to put up sail and rest my oars?” (From The Passion, 1987)


I do love the idea of coursing headlong into love affairs with my sails billowing with passion and my compass reading My Destiny!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Sophie said...

You are a natural 'blogger'.
Always comforting to know that I am not the only one with memory loss - a mother's disadvantage.
Lots of love darling Rosy xx

17 June 2009 at 20:20  
Anonymous Gilly said...

What is life without that naughty cream cake and temptingly extravagant dress purchase? Not much I'd say. Loved your first blog, you have me hooked for more. Gilly xx

21 July 2009 at 22:28  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home